With the help of its unique design and ultra-low friction bearings, the Oversized Pulley Wheel System (OSPW) manages to optimize the overall efficiency of the drivetrain. The handmade system consisting of a shift cage and an upper and lower pulley enables power savings between 30 and 60 % compared to the standard setup, in some cases even more.
In the version for Shimano Dura Ace and Ultegra 11-speed rear derailleurs, the OSPW system has an upper pulley with 13 teeth (guide pulley) and a lower pulley with 19 teeth (tension pulley) to ensure maximum efficiency. The oversize pulley wheels offer a lifetime that is 3 to 5 times longer than conventional models.
CeramicSpeed Coated Bearings
CeramicSpeed coated products are covered by a lifetime warranty*. The unique coating formula is a metallic layer that covers the bearing races and makes them 75% harder than steel. Thanks to this, they are highly resistant to corrosion and the coating provides an even lower friction than our standard bearings. Even if the bearing is contaminated with degreaser, water or mud, the risk of bearing failure due to corrosion is negligible if you choose the coated version.
* the lifetime warranty covers all coated bearings and OSPW derailleur cages of CeramicSpeed - and this even retroactively to all products purchased from 01.01.2021. The confidence in our own products should be passed on to the customers at this point. Products outside the new warranty terms will continue to be covered by a four-year warranty.
All information on the warranty conditions can be found at: www.ceramicspeed.com
What is Cerakote?
Cerakote is a polymer-ceramic composite coating that features extreme durability, hardness, and scratch and corrosion resistance. The coating is well known in the automotive and aerospace industries for its ability to withstand the harshest conditions.
- Shimano Dura Ace RD-R9100 (11-speed)
- Shimano Dura Ace Di2 RD-R9150 (11-speed)
- Shimano Ultegra RD-R8000-SS (11-speed, short cage)
- Shimano Ultegra Di2 RD-R8050-SS (11-speed, short cage)
cassette: 32 teeth (max. pinion size)
(not suitable for RD-R8000-GS / RD-R8050-GS rear derailleurs with medium cage)
derailleur pulleys: aluminum with Cerakote coating
ball bearings: ceramic
bearing races: stainless steel (hardened, coated)
shift cage: carbon fiber reinforced polyamide (PA)